Jungle Cruise is an upcoming American fantasy adventure film directed by Jaume Collet-Serra from a story by Glenn Ficarra & John Requa and a screenplay written by Michael Green, Ficarra and Requa, based on Walt Disney’s theme park attraction of the same name. Produced by Walt Disney Pictures, the film stars Dwayne Johnson, Emily Blunt, Édgar Ramírez, Jack Whitehall, Jesse Plemons, and Paul Giamatti.
Jungle Cruise is scheduled to be released in the United States on July 30, 2021, simultaneously in theaters and through Disney+ with Premier Access.
Cast of Jungle Cruise
- Dwayne Johnson as Frank Wolff, a shrewd and somewhat cynical riverboat captain who reluctantly agrees to guide two explorers on their quest for the Tree of Life.
- Emily Blunt as Dr. Lily Houghton, an eccentric, adventurous, and virtuous scientist searching for the Tree of Life, which she hopes to study for its healing properties.
- Édgar Ramírez as Aguirre, a mercenary hired to guide a rival expedition for the Tree.
- Jack Whitehall as McGregor Houghton, Lily’s younger brother and assistant.
- Jesse Plemons as Prince Joachim, a deranged and ambitious German aristocrat who finances and leads a military expedition to claim the Tree of Life for himself.
- Paul Giamatti as Nilo, a crusty harbormaster who manages the port where Frank docks his boat.
- Andy Nyman as Sir James Hobbs-Coddington.
- Quim Gutiérrez as Melchor.
- Dani Rovira as Sancho.
- Veronica Falcón as Trader Sam.
- Simone Lockhart as Anna.
Production of Jungle Cruise
In September 2004, it was announced that Jungle Cruise would be developed for Mandeville Films, with a script by Josh Goldstein & John Norville. The film was loosely inspired by the theme park attraction of the same name. The film was announced to take place within the twentieth century. In February 2011, it was announced that Tom Hanks and Tim Allen, who had previously worked together in the Toy Story franchise, would star in the long-gestating film, with a script to be written by Roger S. H. Schulman.
In December 2018, it was reported that Whitehall’s character would be gay and would have a coming out scene in the film with Johnson. This would be the second incidence of a gay character in a live-action Disney film, the first being Le Fou, portrayed by Josh Gad, in the 2017 adaptation of Beauty and the Beast. There was some backlash over the report, with some online expressing anger over a straight man being cast as a “camp” gay character.
Release Date of Jungle Cruise
On May 13, 2021, Disney announced that the film would be released simultaneously in theaters and on Disney+ with Premier Access, with Deadline Hollywood reporting that after being given multiple options by Disney, the filmmakers made the decision to go with the simultaneous release due to the continued closure of theaters in markets like Brazil and Europe due to surges in COVID-19 cases.
- Full Name: Jungle Cruise
- Language: English/Hindi
- Release Year: 2021
- Size: 1.1 GB
- Quality: 720p/480p – WeB-DL
- Format: Mkv/Full HD